Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Desk Chair Project - Part One

So I'm starting my journey on my first real upholstery project. In the past I have recovered chair cushions, simple new padding, cover and staple projects. This time I decided to try something a little more advance. I'm getting a pile of books out of the library and I think the office chair I got from the estate sale will be the perfect simple job to practice on.

This morning I bought yardage of Amy Bulter's Primrose in grey from her Nigella line (which is a medium weight decor fabric) and I'm waiting for a good sale to buy padding from Joanne's. I think the fabric will look really beautiful with the wood base and seat back.


I'm pretty excited. I hope it works out and I have a feeling it will take awhile to finish (I'll wait weeks for the right price on the padding) but I'll keep you posted on the progress. Anyone out there do any upholstering? Share you tips and projects!

2 comments:

Hilary said...

I'm bad with upholstery, but I love the fabric you chose!

Amanda said...

I have an armchair that really needs to be reupholstered but that project seems waaay to big for me.

I am sure your chair will turn out great! I love the wood base!

Related Posts with Thumbnails