Tuesday, November 17, 2009

New Pin Cushion Caddy from "Seams to Me"

In order to play with all the new beautiful fabric I bought I got a WHOLE bunch of books out from our local library. Poor Jared had to pick them all up and carry them home for me. He's such a champ. I'm having so much fun making little projects for myself to practice and HAD to share this project with your from the book Seams to Me: 24 New Reasons to Love Sewing by Anna Maria Horner. The whole book is full of beautiful projects and helpful tips. This was my first project out of the book and while it gave me a little trouble (I'm about an intermediate sewer) I love the way it turned out.

It's a little pin cushion caddy for all your sewing goods and lots of room for your pins. I've found it's perfect to keep next to your machine with your threaded bobbins and thread snips. Make sure if you try this project to get really stiff interfacing for the inside of the tube or use a piece of stif board (I used a piece of a cereal box) before you stuff it. I used scraps of fabric for the outer ball and some of my new Amy Butler Love fabric for the rest.


Currently in the works is a fabric basket for our mail. I've done a few practice drafts and have some linen on order for the real one. I'll make sure to post photos of it when it's finished done. In the mean time, go pick up Seams to Me from the library or order it. Happy sewing.

2 comments:

Amy said...

You did an absolutely fantastic job!!!! I'm so going to make one of these- adorable and useful, too. :) Thanks for the tip!

pussman and co said...

Hi, Thanks for sharing!
I have that book, and I always tought it was to difficult to make!
I am going to give it a try!
When I finish it, I will surely post it on my blog!
Bye, and lots of sewng fun!

Danielle

Related Posts with Thumbnails